Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Oh dear, it's over

Well that's it, school starts offically again tomorrow. I would like to say a big thank you to NiftyKnits who I met at the Folksy picnic for her fab comments on my blog and her support with thinking about things in my shop.
Today I have been mostly thinking about finishing a commission I have been working on, here is a little picture of the fabric I created for part of it. I love making my own fabric, they usually start life as a plain piece of felt, which I embellish on my sewing machine, oh i love the different stitches it has, which threads, stamped images, netting and other things I just can't think of right now.

I have just realised how tired I am, thinking it comes from spending too long staring at excel tonight. Being a sensible grown up, again!!
Right definately off to bed, must read some more of Breaking Dawn, the final book in the Twilight series, a good easy read, I can see why it is so popular with the Teenage market. A fun read, like going to a chick flick film.

1 comment:

Pomona said...

That fabric looks so lovely - a really imaginative use of the materials. I hope your first couple of days have been OK - at least the first week is a short one to let you in easy!

Pomona x